Ettosi Brooks is multi-talented artist-educator. She is a 2017 artist-in-residence with the Broward County Cultural Affairs Destination Sistrunk. Her short story Wildflower was published in the August issue of Crack the Spine Literary Magazine in 2014. Tosi’s children’s book Stori, Stori: Caribbean Tales with a Little Jazz is Ettosi’s outpouring of love for the rhythms of the African diaspora and the wisdom of old time people. The stories weave their way through the rhythms of countries in the Caribbean and explores the expression of Jazz in the United States. Children love singing along with the folksongs included on the CD and vocalizing the percussive sounds. Vocal interpretations are represented by Ettosi along with her brother renowned Jamaican musician Cedric Im Brooks (2013). Three of the stories are written by Ettosi and a fourth is an adaptation of a Jamaican folktale.
- International Kindness Day – November 2016
- Arcola Lakes Branch Library – November 2016
- Miami Chapter of Jack and Jill of America, Inc. Black History Program 2016
- Kwanzaa Celebration – Nana’s Village December 2015
- Caribbean Heritage Month – Miramar Branch Library – 2015